I always get a bit of an energy boost out of a change in the season and I think that Spring, with it’s bursting blossoms and nesting magpies, is the most energising season of all. Or maybe it’s just the end of a long winter of curries and casseroles and the thought of a fresh green salad has me feeling all light and optimistic. Whatever. I have a plan for the next three months.
1. Get fit. Yeah, yeah, I know I always say this. I’ve had ‘tennis elbow’ which is aka tendonitis and this has severely curtailed my Boot Camp efforts and put me in a bit of a funk generally. But I start a new Pilates-style class on Monday night and I’m convinced that this is the kick-start I need to get my all-over fitness going. And I’m going to a Physio about all my aching muscles.
2. Finish the Novel. I have a meeting with my Editor early next week, she’s finished going through it with a fine-toothed red pen and soon I should have a manuscript that is ready to be submitted.
3. Start ‘The Artist’s Way’. This will mean nothing to most of you but lots to some of you. Anyway, I’m really looking forward to it.
4. NaNoWriMo. Well, you didn’t think the next book was going to be written the old fashioned way, did you?
5. Do another De-Tox. Not sure which one. I’ve been reading up on the FODMAP diet and suspect it might be perfect for me. Look it up if you’re curious. I’m willing to do whatever it takes.
So that’s the plan. Anyone else got any New Season Resolutions?